At seven, kids
begin to calm down a bit. They:
· Begin to reason and concentrate.
· Worry, are self-critical, and may express a lack of
· Demand more of their teacher's time.
· Dislike being singled out, even for praise.
At seven years old, your child is continuing to learn about herself and others. You can
help by encouraging her as she:
· Develops a concept of herself.
· Begins to understand others.
· Gains respect for others.
· Builds relationships with others.
· Develops a sense of responsibility
There's lots of
review in second grade, so that students truly master all the skills presented in first
grade. Your child will also learn to recognize familiar words more rapidly, read new
words, add and subtract faster, compose more complex sentences, spell many new words, and
increase her reading and speaking vocabularies. Find out what else your child will learn
· Apply more complex phonics skills in his reading.
· Automatically read the 200 most commonly used
· Write sentences using correct punctuation and
· Recognize and use nouns and action verbs in
· Begin writing in cursive.
· Write legibly in cursive.
· Add and subtract any 2-digit number.
· Handle place value concepts for 3-digit whole
· Identify time to include half-hour and 5-minute
· Identify the value of pennies, nickels, dimes,
quarters, half-dollars, and dollars.
· Value people from many cultures.
· Develop a simple understanding of life, earth, and